fredag den 6. november 2009

Hai(An Introduction)

Hai everyone.
The name is Litemode of Azjol Nerub EU and I'm here to tell you a story.
A little over a month ago I was in Ulduar with my guild on our weekly run through the hardmodes acquiring Proto Drakes for new recruits and alts. We'd had a bad night and I was gonna go repair before our Algalon hour started. To my great surprise I did not have the necessary gold to pay for my repairs and had to borrow money from a guildie of mine... Embarrassing and in no way fitting behaviour for an officer of a successful raiding guild. At that point I decided to never again be in need of gold and after the raid I cashed in all of my Emblems of Triumph for Crusader Orbs and started hanging around in the trade channel trying t
o get rid of them. A few days later I had ~10.000g, and with this amount I decided to start my gold making business.

Break time. First a little bit about myself. As previously stated
I play a character called Litemode. I'm a 22 year old guy from Denmark currently on my first semester on my road to becoming an IT Engineer. World of Warcraft is my first MMO ever and having played since the open beta of WoW Classic I regard myself as both highly skilled and knowledgeable in pretty much every PVE aspect of this game. I am currently an officer in the "Strict-10-man" guild, Finding Emo where we recently managed to get [Tribute to Dedicated Insani
ty]. But enough about that. So what is this blog gonna be all about?
Well first and foremost it's going to be a chronicle of my experiences while online focusing mainly on my endevours of
reaching the gold cap.
Secondly I am gonna use this blog to ask the blogging community of their opinions of recently announced changes/implementations to the game as we get closer and closer to 3.3 and Cataclysm.

As seen on my auditor on the right I am slowly closing in on the 50.000 milestone which is kind of a big deal for me. I've rarely ever had more than 10.000g on any account combined so naturally I am really looking forward to this.
I spent alot of time of time trying to come up with a proper name for this blog, I am in no way creative and thinking of clever puns is not a great forcé of mine. But the entire point - from a soon-to-be goblin point of view - is that I don't have a degree in economy. I don't spend hour after hour thinking about how i can maximize my gold/hour ratio, nor do I condemn the players who choose to do so. I just use my instincts and basic logic trying to make money, i craft then its profitable, buy stuff when it's cheap and resell once the prices have settled. I even fly about herbing a few hours a week. It's all about not getting bored and constantly finding new ways to make gold.

I don't use a specific method of earning gold. I do however have certain rituals which at least ensures me a minimum income/day. I have 4 lvl 80's all of them with more or less maximized proffesions. These include:

Druid : Herbalism/Alchemy
Paladin: Jewelcrafting/Mining
Warlock:Inscription/Tailoring
Rogue: Leatherworking/Skinning

Every day I transmute an epic gem from my druid's alchemy, I create my Icy Prism with my Paladin's jc, and every 4th day I spend my tailoring cooldowns(Buying the mats whenever they're cheap off the ah). I am well represented on the Glyph Market, and stock up on glyphs on a daily basis, relisting 2-4 times a day. I don't bother with the market if the prices plummet to the ground but I never set a specific threshold. sometimes I feel like being represented at any market above 6g. Sometimes i drop it to 4g. It's all about how cutthroat you feel like playing the market. At some point though, I simply drop it and wait for the prices to climb back up(and the always do).

One of my main incomes remain at the flaskmaking business. My supplier sends me batches of herbs at preset prices and i turn these herbs into either inks or flasks. If you have a bit of starting capital I highly recommend finding someone to supply you with herbs below market price.

Another way of making money is novelty items. Pets, Orbs of Deception, Rituals of the new Moon, tuxedo's etcetera are easy money and usually really low on material costs. Hatchlings are fairly easy to obtain. Look it up on wowhead and see the fastest route to checking each of the spawning points on Azeroth.
/2 is a powerful tool. Use it to advertise the items you're selling, and don't be like the thousands of other players in there. Spice your messages up a bit. Here's an example of how I sell my Rituals of the New Moon.

/2 Embrace your inner Worgen! Get your [Rituals of the New Moon] today off the auction house and turn into 1 of 5 different types of pure WOLF POWER!

I have yet to use this macro without seing "A buyer has been found for your auction of [Rituals of the New Moon]" shortly after.

I will end today's blog with a quick mentioning of the addons I use for gold-specific purposes.
Auctioneer
Quick Auctions 2
Auditor
Skillet

So that's it for today. Stay tuned if you want to keep on following me on my road to the gold cap!

Regards,
Lite

3 kommentarer:

  1. saw you talkin in the IRC about getting the word out on your blog. Make a post over at JMTC forums in the link love section. That'll help direct some traffic to your site. Also exchanging blog roll links is another helpful way.

    Also set up feedburner. I've found that its a lot easier to get readers via that then the default blogger follow thing.

    SvarSlet
  2. I couldn't find you under GuildOx's 10 man strict list? Think I found your guild but it's showing you as 'excluded'?

    Or is there some other 10 man strict list that I don't know about? :)

    SvarSlet
  3. Aye. We lost our strict 10 man ranking a few weeks into 3.2 because a few from our guild were incapable of grasping the "do not pug totc25" concept :) We'll reclaim our rightful place once 3.3 hits though.

    SvarSlet