tirsdag den 24. november 2009

Total Domination!


My old nemesis is back. Awesomeman has risen from the dead meaning last night I suddenly had 406 undercut auctions needing relisting. Basically what happenes was, I let the prices on the glyphs stay too high for too long. Needless to say the market suddenly looked very lucrative to old-timers/newcomers and before I knew it I was competing with twice as many players.

I needed a plan. I was sick and tired of just going with the flow, letting the cycle run its course(49g, letting the AH Campers slowly drag the prices down by undercutting eachother 7-8 times a day untill we reach my threshold 3g) and in general not being as dominant on the market as I had hoped. I then remembered Debussy mentioning some very exciting tactic where he would basically put up an artificial wall. Either he was posting at a decent profit, or he'd post at his minimal threshold.
Example:

Debussy: Lists his glyphs at 29g.(fallback or undercutting)
AH-Camper: Cancels/Relists all of his glyphs at 28g99s99c.
Debussy:Cancels his glyphs at 29g. Relists at 3g.
AH-Camper: Either relists his glyphs at 2g99s99c or avoids the market untill the prices are back up.

Now.If the AH Camper relists his glyphs at 2g99s99c he won't mind. There is absolutely no incentive to work the part of the market that is below 3g unless youre deliberately trying to "win" an arbitrary battle. I don't care about my competitors in that way. If they "win" by keeping their glyphs below 3g - so be it. I make more money/hour doing other stuff.

It's been 24 hours since I started doing this Huge success so far ;) I'll update this post later on tonight with the numbers for todays profits.

UPDATE
As promised, here are today's numbers...
/Lite

3 kommentarer:

  1. Him putting it upo at 3g a piece will make him cry after a while, just be there the moment he places glyphs above 3g.. and then.... BAM, I HAS YOU NOAW, nomnomnom/

    You are a persistent man, do your persisting busines and I am sure you can brag more in gchat about the gold you earn in another week or so.

    (Still checking your blog, fun to read. Just not alot going on right now :O)

    -Kanro

    SvarSlet
  2. You're misinterpreting the post. Debussy's a guy who's taught me quite a bit, including this tactic. And its the tactic I am currently using.

    SvarSlet
  3. @Kanro,
    Heh, you can buy me out as much as you like. Just make sure you have the bags to hold 10-20 thousand glyphs.

    Lite, nice screenshot.

    SvarSlet